I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours,
I am Yours.
(:
secret desires.
flip-flops.
brown tote bag.
paul frank/cookie monster stuff.
new flip phone.
levi's/new pair of jeans.
red chuck taylors.
nice shorts.
black ipod video.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
With all my heart;
LTC's over. Our last activity as ODAC. I must say that I really, really enjoyed this camp though it was really quite mentally demanding. Challenging as it was, I'm sure we all grew and learnt a lot from this camp.
Group One consisted of Eeling (J2 Group Leader), Qi Hui (Group Advisor) and I (Group Advisor), Kelvin, Zemin, Joanne and Mark (:
Being an advisor has got to be the most rewarding position in this camp, and I'm sure all of the other advisors would agree with me. Initially, I was quite worried that I wouldn't do a good job cause I was worried that I would have nothing to say during advisor time with Zemin, but it turned out to be the opposite. I had so much to say that I exceeded the allocated time cause there was just so much to comment on. I really felt a sense of fulfillment seeing how Zemin took my feedback and changed through the camp. The pride in seeing someone that you're mentoring learn and gain something from you just cannot be expressed in words.
I'm really proud of all of us. Just seeing how all of us were giving feedback to the J1s really made me realize that we've grown so much together, after all we've been through.. all the activities and all the dry-runs.. It's just amazing how we work together so seamlessly, how our strengths complement one another.. We know that no matter what happens, we call fall back on each other.. It's just this faith we have in each other that allowed this camp went so smoothly. You can count on everyone to give their best.. It's amazing.
I think that the campfire was memorable, especially when we were finally Full Strength. Finally, all 24 of us gathered. I remember how we sang our hearts out during our performance (even though I didn't really know the lyrics for At The Beginning very well) and the group hug. Full Strength group hug; an embrace I never wanted to end. I'll really miss every single ODACer. I'll miss all the dry-runs, dinners, debriefs, outings, chilling sessions, rock-climbing, first aid course, 1-star kayaking, dragon-boating and everything. I don't think I can get use to not having any more ODAC activities. I don't think I can get use to not having you guys around.. Wednesdays and Fridays will be so different without having anything ODAC-related on. It's just weird, it's just this sense of loss that I think everyone will have problem coping with. I'm missing everything about ODAC already.
Time really flies. I remember how we were all strangers last year, and now, we're FAMILY. Guys we've been through so much together. All of you mean so much to me, words don't do justice. I love you guys with all my heart. All the moments we spent together will be etched in my heart forever.. ODAC WILL ALWAYS BE FAMILY. Leng leng ah.
We were strangers starting out on a journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you
No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start
And life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever, wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning with you
We were strangers on a crazy adventure
Never dreaming how our dreams would come true
Now here we stand, unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you
And life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever, wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning with you
Knew there was somebody somewhere
Like me, alone in the dark
Now I know my dream will live on
I've been waiting so long
Nothing is going to tear us apart
And life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever, wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning with you
Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing on
Starting out on a journey
Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning
With you....
-At The Beginning
PRAISE HIM! :)
10:01 PM